Availability: Currently Available
Check out my iOS portfolio at: https://github.com/cmilr/swift-portfolio
I have over 20 years of experience working in IT. For the last three years I've been building software for iOS using Swift, which has led to the development of my iOS app Dalilah—a smart personal assistant for musicians (cmillerco.com/dalilah). Previously I was System Administrator, Network Administrator, and Senior Prepress Tech at Paul Baker Printing.
• Designing and developing iOS apps with Swift & Xcode, including Cocoa Touch and the iOS SDK.
• Building intuitive user interfaces with Storyboards, Auto Layout, and Sketch app.
• Creating and managing data models and their persistence with Core Data.
• Consuming RESTful web services.
• Writing unit and UI tests with XCTest, and managing pipeline automation with Fastlane.
• Developing cross-platform mobile and desktop games with Unity and C#.
• Version control with git, and past programming experience with C, C++, and Ruby.
• COMMUNICATION: one of the skills I’ve relied on the most throughout my career has been an ability to explain highly technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders—be they coworkers or customers—and to do so with both patience and empathy.
• SELF-MOTIVATION: from computer programming to graphic design to playing music, I’m fortunate to possess a deep drive to explore new skills and creative outlets, whether it be for the technical challenge or just the sheer joy of discovery. Being innately self-motivated has served me well in both my personal and professional lives.
• COLLABORATION: it’s clear to me from personal experience that the most effective organization is one that fosters collaboration between individuals and disciplines company-wide. I enjoy working face-to-face with my team-mates to brainstorm effective solutions and produce great products.
Cary Miller in Sacramento, San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley, Emeryville. "Multi-talented iOS Developer—graphic design, copy writing, photography, music... I can do it all!" Employee Learn more here: https://www.hireAppDeveloper.org/developers/ahRzfmhpcmUtYXBwLWRldmVsb3BlcnISCxIJRGV2ZWxvcGVyGIHu318M @carycodes